Pathways to Better Health
Eligibility: Adults (18 years and older) with at least two chronic health conditions (like asthma, diabetes, depression, heart disease, etc.) who are eligible for Medicaid, Healthy Michigan Plan and/or Medicare.
Area Served: Reside in Ingham, Clinton, Gratiot, Montcalm or Ottawa counties.
Who visits: Community health workers
How does it work?
- A Community Health Worker (CHW) comes to your home.
- You can ask for help with any of the following:
- Medical care
- Dental Care
- Eye Care
- Hearing problems
- Health Insurance
- Housing resources
- Utility bills
- Child care
- Financial assistance
- Education and employment
- Legal questions
- Domestic violence
- Mental health care
- Substance abuse treatment
- And more
- CHW connects you to the medical services (primary care, dental, mental health, other specialists) and social service supports (clothing, transportation, food, housing etc)
- CHW provides support, education and motivation for healthier lifestyles to manage health conditions
- Pathways to Better Health provided at no-cost to you
Partners in this work:
Your CHW may be coming from the following community agencies
- Ingham Health Plan Corporation – serving Ingham County
- Mid-Michigan District Health Department – serving Clinton, Gratiot, and Montcalm Counties
- Ottawa County Department of Public Health - serving Ottawa County
To get started, complete the intake form: