The IHP Nurse Case Manager identifies members with health conditions such as diabetes, asthma, heart and artery disease and lung disease. One on one contact with a nurse is available to members.
The goal of these services is to:
- Help members learn about their health conditions
- Help members understand the health care services covered by the IHP
- Help members get the best health care possible
- Help the member reach their own self-care goals
- Help members access services in the community
The nurse does this by:
- Contacting the member by telephone
- Working with the member's PCP and Specialist offices as needed
- Linking the member to resources
- Referring eligible members to the MI Pathways to Better Health program
If you have a health condition you would like assistance with please contact the IHP nurse at 1-866-291-8691.